The most widespread variant of the game in the world is the so-called “European Roulette”. At the same time, as with some other games, rarely does anyone call it exactly “European” or “American”, limiting themselves only to the noun – “roulette”. Explanation on a territorial basis serves only to determine the specific nuances inherent in a particular type of roulette.
Features of European Roulette
A game in which:
- There are 37 numbers on the wheel (18 red, 18 black and one zero).
- Number arrangement: 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25, 17, 34, 6, 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33, 1 , 20, 14, 31, 9, 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26.
- The number is paid 35 to 1.
- The inscriptions for bets on the gaming cloth are written in English (less often French or Spanish).
- The betting field is not symmetrical, as in French roulette, and the simple odds are closer to the player.
- Oral bets on a series of numbers are possible. Often there is an additional betting field for this.
European Roulette is a fast and dynamic game. Five or six people can sit comfortably at the European roulette table at the same time. You can place bets both before the ball is launched and while it is spinning along the groove of the wheel. Bets cease to be accepted approximately three laps before the ball should fall. In real casinos, the game of European roulette can be served by only one dealer. He spins the ball, helps the players to place bets, denotes the winning number, collects chips and gives out winnings.
Pay tables for winnings in European Roulette
- Straight Up – A bet on one number only. It pays 35 to 1.
- Split – A bet on two adjacent numbers. It pays 17 to 1.
- Street – A bet on three adjacent numbers located in one line transverse to the playing field. It pays 11 to 1.
- Trio – A bet on the first three numbers: Zero, 1 and 2. As well as a bet on Zero 2 and 3. It is paid 11 to 1.
- Corner – A bet on four adjacent numbers. It pays 8 to 1.
- First four – A bet on the first four numbers, including zero. It pays 8 to 1.
- Sixline – A bet on six adjacent numbers located in two adjacent lines transverse to the playing field. It pays 5 to 1.
- Column – A bet on one of the three longitudinal lines on the roulette wheel. Either on numbers from 1 to 34 (first column), or from 2 to 35 (second column), or from 3 to 36 (third column). It pays 2 to 1.
- Dozen – A bet for every 12 digits. Either 1 to 12 (first dozen), 13 to 24 (second dozen), or 25 to 36 (third dozen).
- Even / Odd – A bet on all even or all odd numbers. It pays 1 to 1.
- Big / Small – A bet on all big numbers (19-36) or all small numbers (1-18). It pays 1 to 1.
- Red / Black – A bet on all red or all black numbers. It pays 1 to 1.
Whatever bets a European roulette player makes, the house edge is always 2.7%.
Benefits of European Roulette
The main advantage of the European, unlike other types of roulette, comes down to the openness of the rules of this game and its obvious simplicity. Each of the bets is completely visual, the coefficients are known. Any player, even a beginner. can easily calculate the amount of his possible gain. Even without going deeply into the principles of the marking device, one can understand that the amount of the win will depend on the likelihood that the prize number will fall out. European roulette is often advised by beginners to choose, because it does not require building complex strategies. Of course, there are also various game schemes here, but most of them boil down to the fact that the player raises the bet.
Another advantage of the European, if, for example, comparing her with the American, is the only zero sector. In the American woman, there are two of them (0 and 00), which increases the chances of the casino, but decreases the player’s chances. The French roulette rules are more complicated and complicated than the European ones.
How to start playing
Online casinos offer their visitors a demo game function. We should start with it. You do not risk real money, while learning to place bets in European roulette, gradually mastering the rules. When you think that you have learned the rules and it is time to start playing for real money, you should decide on the bank. That is, with the amount you are willing to risk. No one is insured against losing gambling, so count on your strength so that the possible loss of money does not become catastrophic for you. Next, you will need to select the type of bet, which will determine the chance of winning. Take your time, weigh each bet carefully.